Email: [email protected]
This course is designed to help you with practical tools and skills to improve your studying and exam performance.
Practical skills we'll work on:
- Planning your case study to get the most out of your reading time
- RTFQ! Most students lose about 10% - 20% in exams because they misread the question in some way
- Are you able to USE the knowledge you have? Are you SURE that you need to study the theory again? Or should you be working on application and communication? Let's PROVE that!
- Do you understand the law of marginal gains? Or are you trying to go from 20% for questions to 65% in ONE question!?
- Communication skills. How do you answer those dreaded 'discussion' questions?!
- How do you 'plan' your answer? How do you structure your time? You need to have a systematic approach to your thinking and planning, but we generally just 'start answering' and hope for the best. How do you learn HOW to structure your answers?
- How do you assess whether you have communication issues? Or application issues? When you don't get the marks, you ALWAYS assume that it's because you didn't know the work 'well enough'. HOW do you asses this properly?
- How do you fix communication issues? And application issues? And knowledge issues?
The start of this course includes the Study Coaching Basics and Study Strategy from my Study Coaching courses, because you HAVE to understand why you're struggling, where your challenges come from, what the exams are looking for from you, and how to change your habits. These are eye-opening for my students.
StartFixed Mindset (27:19)
StartHow does a Fixed Mindset affect your studies? (7:56)
StartLogic vs Emotion (13:17)
StartYou vs Your Brain (15:22)
Start'Have' vs 'Build' Answers (13:17)
StartYou vs Study Cowboy (13:33)
StartProblem Solving vs Problem Matching (1:09)
StartKnowledge vs Marks (4:00)
StartAre you a perfectionist? How does this affect your studying?
StartStudying is like doing pushups - It takes time! (3:06)