One-on-one Study Coaching session
An online, one-on-one study coaching session to help improve your studies
Email: [email protected]
Are you thinking of your 2020 studies already?
When the year starts, the time goes so quickly, that you don't really have the time for smart thinking. Based on your experience, you know that your studying requires a lot of mental strength, how can you prepare that mental strength? What do you need to think about before you begin?
Setting up a one-on-one session allows us to chat about your study challenges, habits, approaches etc. Based on this, I'll give you stuff to think about in terms of your prep and study approach.
- We'll talk about your studies so far, how it's been going, what your challenges are, so I can understand your situation. This allows me to give you more specific advice
- For most students, I raise concepts that they never thought about. They've struggled with stuff, but haven't understood WHY their study approach has stopped working as well. There are some interesting underlying issues that I want to discuss and you need to consider.
- I'll give you some stuff to read, watch and think about. It's important that you understand what's causing your stress. It's best to do this before you start studying, because you won't have time to think about your emotions, mental space and mindset when you jump into the content. I want you to think about non-subject stuff for a bit.
- If the year hasn't gone so well, what you need to change, both in your thinking and mental approach. It's also important to do this now, because we don't want the fear of repeating this year's experience to 'fester' in your mind. We need to give you a positive, new approach that allows you to approach 2020 with enthusiasm and a renewed sense of purpose and hope.
- We'll talk a bit about your study habits. We won't spend too much time on this, because you can only change your habits if you change your mindshift, and that's the most important thing. But we will discuss how your mindset affects what you choose to study and how you choose to study EVERY DAY! (Ie: this is a not a 'feel good', motivational discussion that will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy without a practical tool)
Having this chat way before your academic year begins means that you have the time to think about your headspace, and identify the types of things that you're struggling with.
I've coached, mentored and lectured students for over a decade. My specialty is helping students improve their study habits.
Students don't realise how their personalities and mindset impacts their daily study habits, and thus their ultimate performance.